It is based on the 2011 Kia GT Concept car that was displayed at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
An updated concept model was teased earlier this year and now the car is available to buy in Britain from £31,995.
Stinger GT is Kia’s first gran tourer and first rear-wheel drive car in the UK and is also the fastest car the firm has ever built.
Three turbocharged engines are available at launch but the most powerful variant is a 3.3-litre twin-turbo V6 engine, available with GT D trim, which is capable of travelling from 0-60mph in 4.7 seconds.
Other engine options include a 2.0-litre 244bhp T-GDi petrol engine or a 2.2-litre 197bhp CRDi turbodiesel on GT-Line and GT-Line S models.
All of the turbocharged direct-injection engines will be mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Drivers can choose from five drive modes – Eco, Sport, Sport+, Comfort and Smart – which will change the suspension and driving style.
Stinger GT breaks convention of a traditional Kia which could previously been described as fairly ordinary.
The car’s styling is bold, classy and sporty.
It has Gran Turismo proportions with a long bonnet, short front overhang, long wheelbase, cabin positioned towards the rear of the car and features the signature tiger nose grille.
Inside the car is a 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment sussed which controls navigation, audio and information.
All versions have Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Driver Attention Warning and High Beam Assist.
GT-Line S and GT S supplement this with Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
Stinger’s standard paint finish is Sunset Yellow, while Pearl White, Midnight Black, Ceramic Grey, HiChroma Red and Panthera Metal are chargeable options.
Stinger comes with three interior colour options, Black leather, grey leather or red leather.
Android Auto and Apple Car Play can also be specced when purchasing the car as can front and rear USB ports and a wordless phone charger.
Each car comes with a seven-year/100,000-mile warranty and is available to buy now.
Kia Stinger GT UK price and specs
- Stinger 2.0 T-GDi GT-Line: 244 bhp, 353 Nm torque, 0-60mph 5.8 seconds, 149 top speed, 35.8 mpg, 181 CO2 g/km, £31,995
- Stinger 2.2 CRDi GT-Line: 197 bhp, 440 Nm torque, 0-60 mph 7.3 seconds, 143 top speed, 50.4 mpg, 147 CO2 g/km, £33,595
- Stinger 2.0 T-GDi GT-Line S: 244 bhp, 353 Nm torque, 0-60mph 5.8 seconds, 149 top speed, 35.8 mpg, 181 CO2 g/km, £35,495
- Stinger 2.2 CRDi GT-Line S: 197 bhp, 440 Nm torque, 0-60mph 7.3 seconds, 143 top speed, 50.4 mpg, 147 CO2 g/km, £37,095
- Stinger 3.3 T-GDi V6 GT S: 365 bhp, 510 Nm torque, 0-60mph 4.7 seconds, 168 top speed, 28.5 mpg, 225 CO2 g/km, £40,495